Western Union Accountant in Denver, Colorado
Job Title: Accountant
Requisition #: 1902073
Are you ready for the next step in your accounting career? Have you considered working with a global company on the front end of the fintech industry and passionate about preventing money laundering and other illegal financial transactions?
Right now, the Western Union Business Solutions team is looking to fill an Accountant role, based in our Denver, Colorado Global Headquarters.
Sound interesting? This person will be responsible for the preparation and accuracy of general ledger accounts, regulatory reports, and financial statements in compliance with US GAAP and local statutory standards as required. You will learn and understand the settlement, treasury and accounting systems that handles the company’s foreign currency transactions and the subsequent accounting entries. Strong interpersonal skills are also a must as this position will require liaison with cross functional and international accounting teams.
• Analyze complex financial reports and records and make accounting entries
• Prepare journal entries for month end close process
• Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations for monthly compliance
• Assist Financial Reporting colleagues with monthly & quarterly requests
• Work well with colleagues in Treasury, Finance, Internal Audit, and Business
• Design and documentation of procedures
• Implement process improvements as directed
• Project work as required
• Some overtime may be required
What you will make you stand out:
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required
• Familiarity with US GAAP
• Experience with large ERP and/or Settlement systems
• International accounting experience preferred
• 2-3 years financial accounting experience preferred
• Strong analytical skills, organizational, and problem solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong systems skills including advanced Excel and Word
• Experience working in a complex multi-currency accounting environment a plus
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and work in a fast-paced environment
What’s in it for you?
• Competitive global pay and benefits
• Unparalleled experience as part of one of the most advanced compliance teams in the world, with opportunities to build valuable skills and grow your career
• Diverse, global team with colleagues in over 50 countries
What it’s like here:
Western Union (WU) is a company on the move! We believe that when money moves, better things can happen. From small businesses and global corporations, to families near and far, or NGO’s in the most remote communities on Earth, WU helps people and business move money globally. We have a rich legacy of innovation and are continuing to develop new and more convenient ways for our customers to send and receive money through digital, mobile and retail channels. We have a combined digital and retail network that spans over 200 countries and territories. Some companies specialize in cash-based retail money transfer and others play only in digital. We are leaders in both!
Being on the Western Union team means being tenacious and goal-oriented. It means taking risks and quickly finding the path to success. It means having integrity and finding ways to make things work. It means thriving as part of a diverse, global team of over 10,000 people who are committed to moving money for better. It means being driven to win, and to do work that makes a difference… on a global stage. Sound like you? Apply now!
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and success. Achieving our common vision depends on people with diverse backgrounds working together. Who knows; your unique point of view could be the key to our next groundbreaking idea. We’d love to explore that possibility!
Western Union is proud to be an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer. The company will provide accommodation to applicants, including applicants with disabilities, during the recruitment process, in accordance with applicable laws. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions), national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or another protected category. #LI-DB1