Western Union Manager, Compliance Project Management in Denver, Colorado
Job Title: Manager, Compliance Project Management
Requisition #: 1804519
Does playing a critical role in protecting customers sound exciting to you? How about working for a global fintech company on an advanced team that is passionate about preventing money laundering and other illegal financial transactions?
We’re seeking a Manager, Compliance Project Management, based in our Denver, Colorado office (global headquarters) .In this role, you will influence resources instrumental in the development of processes, systems, and strategies related to Western Union compliance with international laws, government regulations and industry best practices. You will manage a small number of complex large projects or multiple complex small projects initiated within the Global Compliance Department.
Sound interesting? Here are some specifics:
· Manage/coordinate activities of a project team, including research, analysis, documentation, design/development, testing, problem resolution, training, status reporting, implementation, and post-rollout review
· Escalate certain cases to Western Union leadership and business partners for review
· Assist with special projects as required
· Work cross-functionally with teams across the organization
What you will need to succeed:
· Minimum of five years of progressive experience managing projects in a complex retail financial services organization with multiple products in payment services, or in a regulatory agency specializing in compliance issues for payment services
· Substantive understanding of retail/commercial financial services products and delivery systems/platforms
· Substantive understanding of project management methodology
· Prior experience managing projects within a compliance or technology organization
· Able to create change through influence, foster teamwork and orchestrate teams
· Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills, ability to earn the trust of leadership and business partners
· Skills to work with senior executives (and all other levels) in a dynamic workplace
· Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must
· The ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment due to the nature of the global regulatory landscape
· Self-starter responsible for strategic planning of their own area of responsibility
· Ability to coordinate global program with diverse participation
· Proactive, self-starter approach requiring only broad guidance
What will make you stand out:
· Bachelor's Degree; advanced degree desirable
· PMI Certification desirable
· Fluent in English; fluency in additional languages, such as Spanish, would be beneficial
What’s in it for you?
Competitive global pay and benefits
Unparalleled experience as part of one of the most advanced compliance teams in the world, with opportunities to build valuable skills and grow your career
Diverse, global team with colleagues in over 50 countries
What it’s like here:
Western Union (WU) is a company on the move! We believe that when money moves, better things can happen. From small businesses and global corporations, to families near and far, or NGO’s in the most remote communities on Earth, WU helps people and business move money globally. We have a rich legacy of innovation and are continuing to develop new and more convenient ways for our customers to send and receive money through digital, mobile and retail channels. We have a combined digital and retail network that spans over 200 countries and territories. Some companies specialize in cash-based retail money transfer and others play only in digital. We are leaders in both!
Being on the Western Union team means being tenacious and goal-oriented. It means taking risks and quickly finding the path to success. It means having integrity and finding ways to make things work. It means thriving as part of a diverse, global team of over 10,000 people who are committed to moving money for better . It means being driven to win, and to do work that makes a difference… on a global stage. Sound like you? Apply now!
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and success. Achieving our common vision depends on people with diverse backgrounds working together. Who knows; your unique point of view could be the key to our next groundbreaking idea. We’d love to explore that possibility!
Western Union is proud to be an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions), national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or another protected category.