Western Union Senior Treasury FX Analyst in Denver, Colorado
Job Title: Senior Treasury FX Analyst
Requisition #: 1805687
Western Union is changing. Yes, we’re the company that moves money around the world quickly and reliably in 200 countries and territories. We are also present in over 510,000 locations bringing immense distribution convenience to our consumers. But we’re on the cusp of becoming much more than that. Our vision is to be the preferred financial services provider for the underserved – billions of people and businesses with unmet financial service needs. That means aggressively pursuing digital, mobile, ATM/kiosk and stored value card strategies that meet the needs of today’s global consumers and businesses. So, if you’re looking for a company on the move – and truly one of the most diverse work environments on the planet – then Western Union could be for you.
Right now, we are seeking a Senior Treasury FX Analyst based at Western Union’s Global Headquarters location in Denver, Colorado.
In this role, you will be a key member within the Western Union’s Treasury team responsible for providing support for the company’s foreign exchange risk management programs. You will gain insight into international cross border flows and foreign currency markets, responsible for identification and reporting of currency risk positions and risk mitigation through execution of foreign exchange hedges. You will work closely with key stakeholder groups including regional Business, Legal, Finance, IT, Corporate and settlement accounting teams. In addition, you’ll manage and benchmark WU’s wholesale FX rates used to price consumer money transfers.
To be successful in this role, you must have strong analytical/modeling background as well as ability to automate processes/reporting across large data sets. You also need strong communication skills and an ability to work closely with key stakeholder groups. Strong math skills and an ability to make decisions under time constraints are also key.
Sound interesting? Hereare some specifics:
· Assist with managing daily settlement and long-term foreign exchange risk through forecasting and executing foreign exchange trades
· Review and benchmark foreign exchange more than 130 foreign exchange (FX) rates in WU system
· Compile and reconcile FX positions on daily basis
· Manage rate and spread systems while working in close cooperation with IT to ensure uninterrupted money transfer activity
· Implement manual FX rate changes (at least 20 per day)
· Work in close cooperation with Legal and Business teams to ensure compliance with local currency regulations
· Provide guidance and support to WU country teams on foreign exchange related projects
· Educate country teams and WU agents (prospective and current) on FX rate update processes
· Develop an understanding of WU specific and market constraints to design and implement effective FX risk management strategies
· Look for opportunities to automate/simplify daily and monthly processes
What you will need tosucceed:
· Bachelors’ Degree in Business, Accounting, Economics and Finance required; Master’s Degree preferred
· We recommend at least 4-6 years of work experience in treasury and/or finance
· Strong abilities in Excel and VBA
· Strong quantitative and analytical ability
· Strong attention to detail
· Strong written and verbal formal communication skills
· Proven record of optimizing/simplifying processes using technology
· Experience pulling market data from Bloomberg
What will make you stand out:
· Understanding of FX markets and hedging instruments
· Must be willing to quickly take on new tasks and requirements
· Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities
· Ability to work under pressure
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Understanding of FX Hedging processes
· Understanding of Accounting concepts
What it’s like here:
Western Union (WU) is a company on the move! We believe that when money moves, better things can happen. From small businesses and global corporations, to families near and far, or NGO’s in the most remote communities on Earth, WU helps people and business move money globally. We have a rich legacy of innovation and are continuing to develop new and more convenient ways for our customers to send and receive money through digital, mobile and retail channels. We have a combined digital and retail network that spans over 200 countries and territories. Some companies specialize in cash-based retail money transfer and others play only in digital. We are leaders in both!
Being on the Western Union team means being tenacious and goal-oriented. It means taking risks and quickly finding the path to success. It means having integrity and finding ways to make things work. It means thriving as part of a diverse, global team of over 10,000 people who are committed to moving money for better. It means being driven to win, and to do work that makes a difference… on a global stage. Sound like you? Apply now!
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and success. Achieving our common vision depends on people with diverse backgrounds working together. Who knows; your unique point of view could be the key to our next groundbreaking idea. We’d love to explore that possibility!
Western Union is proud to be an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions), national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or other protected category.