Western Union Strategic Sourcing Manager - Professional Services in Denver, Colorado
Job Title: Strategic Sourcing Manager - Professional Services
Requisition #: 1902283
Does playing a critical role in protecting customers sound exciting to you? How about working for a global fintech company on an advanced team that is passionate about preventing money laundering and other illegal financial transactions?
We’re seeking a Strategic Sourcing Manager - Professional Services, based in our Denver, Colorado office (global headquarters) .In this role, you will help our internal business customers find, select and get great deals with suppliers to enable them to develop and scale products, communicate our brand, and get the best quality for the price— fast. We work across a wide range of spend categories, but this role is specific to supporting Western Union’s Contingent Labor and Professional Services.
Sound interesting? Here are some specifics:
Network across Western Union globally
Build strong relationships with stakeholders and develop sourcing strategies which help support their business within the Contingent Labor and Professional Services categories
· Identify opportunities for increased competitive bidding, smarter supplier relationships and more efficient processes
· Collaborate with teams across the globe to speed up innovation and support the customer appropriately
· Know the supply market as it relates to Contingent labor no matter the industry (or have the research skills to be able to come up to speed quickly) in order to educate stakeholders and make better decisions around price and quality
· Manage robust supplier selection processes using market analysis, concise “Request For Proposals”, with a data driven approach
· Conduct supplier negotiations including drafting and executing contracts, negotiating pricing, monitoring unit cost reduction performance and management of supplier relationships along with creating a savings opportunity for the category annually
· Work with A/P, Purchasing, HR, Legal, Privacy, IT, InfoSec and internal business units and other appropriate groups to determine areas of opportunity for process improvement, aggregation of purchases, total cost reduction, etc.
· Develop Category Strategies for Contingent Labor and Professional Services commodities which outline and define the markets and supply strategy to assist internal Business Units decision makers on the appropriate sourcing methodologies based on market conditions and cost components identified by the category strategy
· Lead execution of Category Strategies within Global Sourcing Procurement team and by utilizing available tools and resources
· Deliver cost savings and cost avoidance annually
What you will need to succeed:
- 5-7 years of relevant work experience, including experience in Procurement/Strategic Sourcing and contract management
· Contingent Labor and or Professional Services/Consulting\ category expertise
· Negotiation and Contract Management experience
· Good communication and presentation skills
What will make you stand out:
BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
MBA degree preferred
Experience in Supplier Sourcing and Contract Management
· Experience with developing Category Strategies for the Contingent Labor and Professional Services categories globally
· Experience managing a de-centralized category at a Fortune 500 company and driving results
· Strong influencing/negotiation skills and change management experience with the ability to successfully manage complexity and multiple priorities
· Quick learner with interest in understanding and applying global supplier best practices
· Consulting experience
What’s in it for you?
Competitive global pay and benefits
Unparalleled experience as part of one of the most advanced teams in the world, with opportunities to build valuable skills and grow your career
Diverse, global team with colleagues in over 50 countries
What it’s like here:
Western Union (WU) is a company on the move! We believe that when money moves, better things can happen. From small businesses and global corporations, to families near and far, or NGO’s in the most remote communities on Earth, WU helps people and business move money globally. We have a rich legacy of innovation and are continuing to develop new and more convenient ways for our customers to send and receive money through digital, mobile and retail channels. We have a combined digital and retail network that spans over 200 countries and territories. Some companies specialize in cash-based retail money transfer and others play only in digital. We are leaders in both!
Being on the Western Union team means being tenacious and goal oriented. It means taking risks and quickly finding the path to success. It means having integrity and finding ways to make things work. It means thriving as part of a diverse, global team of over 10,000 people who are committed to moving money for better . It means being driven to win, and to do work that makes a difference… on a global stage. Sound like you? Apply now!
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and success. Achieving our common vision depends on people with diverse backgrounds working together. Who knows; your unique point of view could be the key to our next groundbreaking idea. We’d love to explore that possibility!
Western Union is proud to be an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions), national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or another protected category.