Western Union Treasury Manager in Denver, Colorado
Job Title: Treasury Manager
Requisition #: 1804683
Western Union is changing. Yes, we’re the company that moves money around the world quickly and reliably in 200 countries and territories. We are also present in over 550,000 locations bringing immense distribution convenience to our consumers. But we’re on the cusp of becoming much more than that. Our vision is to be the preferred financial services provider for the underserved – billions of people and businesses with unmet financial service needs. That means aggressively pursuing digital, mobile, ATM/kiosk and stored value card strategies that meet the needs of today’s global consumers and businesses. So if you’re looking for a company on the move – and truly one of the most diverse work environments on the planet – then Western Union could be for you.
We’re seeking a Treasury Manager to be based at our Global Headquarters in Denver, CO . In this role, you willlead the North American WUBS foreign exchange team, and have responsibility for managing the region's foreign exchange risk arising from its business payments products. Primary responsibilities include: staff management, coaching and leadership; ensuring the team is managing FX risk for WUBS effectively through accurate pricing and hedging of client trade activity with foreign exchange bank counterparties within prescribed interest rate and currency risk limits; working with cross functional groups on multiple cross functional products to support the WUBS business; structuring of complex option contracts for the WUBS sales team, and other tasks related to foreign exchange risk management and trading. The Manager will be an escalated contact for internal teams and will help manage the Bank Relationships alongside management.
Sound interesting? Here are some specifics:
· Offer additional support to the Treasury team by completing operational functions including FX option, spot, swap and forward deal execution, exotic currency booking and return processing, and ad-hoc as well as routine reporting and analyses.
· Be a strong expert in the proprietary and external systems the team operate in.
· Collaaborate across functional areas including Finance, Tax, Accounting, Sales, Risk and business teams to grow the business, resolve operational issues, and provide analysis and tactical input where a higher level of risk management and technical knowledge is required.
· Assist Treasury management with the design and implementation of system enhancements aimed at supporting key business initiatives, automating processes, achieving cost savings and enhancing controls across the organization.
· Strong knowledge of financial markets and foreign exchange instruments, including structured options products, and the ability to lead a team who manage a diverse set of currency exposure with high volumes, in a fast-paced environment which requires flawless execution, attention to detail, precise communication and aptitude for operational processes.
What will make you stand out:
· Strong leadership, coaching and relationship management skills, involving conflict resolution
· Demonstrate solid understanding of and hands-on experience trading/dealing foreign exchange instruments, including forwards and options.
· Understand economic indicators/events, evaluate impact on currencies relevant to WU’s interests, communicate and train others
· Strong written and verbal communication skills, and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders during stressful situations
· Aptitude to formulate suggestions to address complicated financial risk scenarios and situation
· Strong financial modeling and analytical skills
· Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
· Demonstrated critical thinking and evaluation skills
· Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, or related subject.
· Progress towards or completion of an advanced financial degree (CFA, MBA) a plus.
· 7 years’ experience with progressivefinance/treasury/bankingexperience and 1 year in leadership role preferred
What’s in it for you?
· Competitive global pay, benefits and mobility
· Unparalleled experience, working for a market leader in FX payment solutions
· The chance to share your ideas and contribute to the development of our products
· Diverse, global team with colleagues in over 50 countries
What it’s like here:
Western Union (WU) is a company on the move! We believe that when money moves, better things can happen. From small businesses and global corporations, to families near and far, or NGO’s in the most remote communities on Earth, WU helps people and business move money globally. We have a rich legacy of innovation, and are continuing to develop new and more convenient ways for our customers to send and receive money through digital, mobile and retail channels. We have a combined digital and retail network that spans over 200 countries and territories. Some companies specialize in cash-based retail money transfer and others play only in digital. We are leaders in both!
Being on the Western Union team means being tenacious and goal-oriented. It means taking risks and quickly finding the path to success. It means having integrity, and finding ways to make things work. It means thriving as part of a diverse, global team of over 10,000 people who are committed to moving money for better. It means being driven to win, and to do work that makes a difference… on a global stage. Sound like you? Apply now!
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and success. Achieving our common vision depends on people with diverse backgrounds working together. Who knows; your unique point of view could be the key to our next groundbreaking idea. We’d love to explore that possibility!
The company will provide accommodation to applicants, including applicants with disabilities, during the recruitment process, in accordance with applicable laws.