Western Union Area Sales Executive - Remote Central Valley in Fresno, California
Job Title: Area Sales Executive - Remote Central Valley
Requisition #: 1900075
Does playing a critical role in protecting customers sound exciting to you? How about working for a global fintech company on an advanced team that is passionate about preventing money laundering and other illegal financial transactions?
We’re seeking an Area Sales Executive (ASE) responsible for the Central Valley area. This is a work from home position, so the successful incumbent may live anywhere within the territory. In this role, you will have an integral role in the Western Union sales organization. The face-to-face role with our agents and customers is the most important part of our overall strategy as we propel growth in a competitive business environment. We are a globally diverse company seeking an experienced sales professional in a key market. The candidate will report to the Area Sales Manager, work from home office, receive transportation allowance, and have all of the equipment necessary to perform all job duties.
Sound Interesting? Here are some specifics:
• Responsible for revenue, transaction and sales growth in assigned territory. This includes growth of independent channel sales, recruitment of new agent locations of the independent channel, growth in all product categories, brand growth and growth in assigned specific ethnic corridors.
• Account management within assigned territory and consistent call coverage of all assigned accounts.
• Handle assigned special projects on a timely basis. Include sales blitzes, operations project’s, or brand-specific marketing projects
• Build relationships with relevant grassroots and community organizations
• A commitment to government and Western Union compliance policy and procedures as necessary.
• Weekly business reports including sales activity, competitive activity, and area highlights are required.
• Must analyze, comprehend, and understand productivity reports is necessary.
• Candidate must work within assigned expense budgets and file required reports.
• May be assigned select new agent target based on specific geographic needs.
Please note that 100% travel is within your territory on a daily basis. No overnight travel required outside of training.
There may be occasional overnight travel during the initial stages of training.
What you will need to succeed:
• Seeking a proven sales professional who can build and maintain sound business relationships.
• Candidate must possess the ability to think independently and find ways to solve problems.
• Must excel in a goal-driven and results-oriented environment.
• A positive attitude, strong drive to succeed, determination, and persistence are necessary.
• Sales professional should possess a consultative sales approach.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills are imperative.
• Must possess excellent communication skills with the ability to connect with internal/external stakeholders.
• Candidate must possess high ethical business standards.
What will make you stand out:
• Bachelor’s degree or 2-3 years of equivalent experience within the financial services sector
• Consumer to Business and Consumer to Consumer Financial Services experience highly desired.
• Consultative sales experience highly desired
• Bilingual in English and Spanish is highly desired, however, in some territories may be required.
What’s in it for you?
Competitive global pay and benefits
Unparalleled experience as part of one of the most advanced compliance teams in the world, with opportunities to build valuable skills and grow your career
Diverse, global team with colleagues in over 50 countries
What it’s like here:
Western Union (WU) is a company on the move! We believe that when money moves, better things can happen. From small businesses and global corporations, to families near and far, or NGO’s in the most remote communities on Earth, WU helps people and business move money globally. We have a rich legacy of innovation and are continuing to develop new and more convenient ways for our customers to send and receive money through digital, mobile and retail channels. We have a combined digital and retail network that spans over 200 countries and territories. Some companies specialize in cash-based retail money transfer and others play only in digital. We are leaders in both!
Being on the Western Union team means being tenacious and goal-oriented. It means taking risks and quickly finding the path to success. It means having integrity and finding ways to make things work. It means thriving as part of a diverse, global team of over 10,000 people who are committed to moving money for better . It means being driven to win, and to do work that makes a difference… on a global stage. Sound like you? Apply now!
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and success. Achieving our common vision depends on people with diverse backgrounds working together. Who knows; your unique point of view could be the key to our next groundbreaking idea. We’d love to explore that possibility!
Western Union is proud to be an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions), national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or another protected category.