Western Union AML Compliance Officer in Johannesburg, South Africa
Job Title: AML Compliance Officer
Requisition #: 1901247
AML Compliance Officer - South Africa
There has never been a better time to consider a career with Western Union. There is a lot of positive talk around WU’s recent product releases, such as WU Connect and WU EDGE. If you are seeking an organization with talented innovative individuals, then this is the opportunity for you.
We’re seeking an AML Compliance Officer, based in our Johannesburg office, South Africa. The incumbent will be responsible for supporting Western Union (WU), its affiliates, agents and sub-agent’s efforts in complying with anti-money laundering laws as they apply to Money Services Businesses in the region of Southern and East Africa. This position will report to the Western Union Head of Compliance for Southern and East Africa.
Sound interesting? Here are some specifics:
• Contributes in the development and the implementation of, and work towards the enforcement of policies, procedures and programs designed to minimize potential AML Compliance, Fraud risk for WU agents, within the established strategies of the Compliance Department.
• Evaluates agents AML compliance programs through compliance oversight.
• Works as a liaison for communication with regulatory bodies such as Central Banks and FIUs
• Provides AML compliance training to employees of WU agents;
• Manages components for AML Compliance requirements for assigned functions;
• Performs tasks that may later be assigned in line with Compliance management and AML risk program implementation;
• Maintains good and professional relations with regulators, WU agents, and internal stakeholders in meeting compliance goals;
• Provides AML compliance support for internal stakeholders;
What you will need to succeed:
• Holder of Masters/Bachelor’s educational degree.
• Strong and relevant proven experience in a similar position
• Communication, Innovation, Autonomy, Relationship management and problem-solving skills
• A sound understanding of the compliance legislations implications on business.
• The ability to travel up to 30% of the time.
• Fluency in English is compulsory – Portuguese, French, Amharic or Kiswahili is a plus
• Projects management skills
• Very strong presentation skills
• Ability to adapt into a Multicultural and Multinational environment
• Capacity to communicate, listen and express oneself
What will make you stand out:
• Excellent analytical skills and operational capabilities
• Excellent multi-tasking ability.
• Excellent prioritization skills.
• High level of professional rigour and integrity
What’s in it for you?
• Competitive global pay, benefits and mobility
• The chance to share your ideas and contribute to the development of our products
• Diverse, global team with colleagues in over 50 countries
What it’s like here:
Western Union (WU) is a company on the move! We believe that when money moves, better things can happen. From small businesses and global corporations, to families near and far, or NGO’s in the most remote communities on Earth, WU helps people and business move money globally. We have a rich legacy of innovation, and are continuing to develop new and more convenient ways for our customers to send and receive money through digital, mobile and retail channels. We have a combined digital and retail network that spans over 200 countries and territories. Some companies specialize in cash-based retail money transfer and others play only in digital. We are leaders in both!
Being on the Western Union team means being tenacious and goal-oriented. It means taking risks and quickly finding the path to success. It means having integrity, and finding ways to make things work. It means thriving as part of a diverse, global team of over 10,000 people who are committed to moving money for better. It means being driven to win, and to do work that makes a difference… on a global stage. Sound like you? Apply now!
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and success. Achieving our common vision depends on people with diverse backgrounds working together. Who knows; your unique point of view could be the key to our next groundbreaking idea. We’d love to explore that possibility!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or another protected category.