Western Union IT Project Manager in London, United Kingdom
Job Title: IT Project Manager
Requisition #: 1801692
The Opportunity: Are you energized by developing leads into new clients and opening up completely new verticals? Want to work for a company where you can offer B2B clients ground-breaking digital solutions in pretty much any currency you can think of?
We’re seeking an IT Project Manager, based in our Hammersmith, London office. In this role you will manage a series of projects during all phases of the project cycle. You will design the projects, identify and align the scope of the projects, be responsible for cost control, and lead the quality and performance reporting. To succeed in this role you will need to possess an excellent understanding of Agile processes (Scrum Framework, Lean and Scaled Agile Framework) in order to lead to projects to successful conclusions.
Sound interesting? Here are some specifics:
• Develop, track and manage project milestones, project plans, ensuring projects are delivered to timelines and scope
• Facilitate identification of timelines, dashboards, success metrics, and financial scorecards for each initiative
• Partner closely with other members of functional project teams to define business requirements
• Lead teams of developers in the delivery of high-quality software solutions that meet business needs
• Define test plans and ensure that products are defect free before User Acceptance Testing
• Facilitate the User Acceptance Testing process, developing rollout plans and procedures
• Ensure appropriate systems development and project management processes are being utilized
• Create a measurement system and/or tool to assess awareness, understanding, buy-in and support of change management activities
• Manage project resources including procuring project staff, using your leadership skills to develop, motive, coach and advise the team to ensure best-practice execution
What you will need to succeed:
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
• MBA or other related advanced degree preferred
• Agile, PMP and CSM certifications
• Strong knowledge of Agile and Agile transformation
• Extensive and proven experience in project management
• People management and team building skills
• Demonstrated ability to be flexible/adaptable in exercising judgment in a changing environment and to manage
• Due to the global location of the Stakeholders flexibility towards availability is paramount as many time zones are crossed and need to be taken in to consideration when communicating with stakeholders
What’s in it for you?
• Competitive global pay, benefits and mobility
• Unparalleled experience, working for a market leader in FX payment solutions
• The chance to share your ideas and contribute to the development of our products
• Diverse, global team with colleagues in over 50 countries
What it’s like here:
The Payments Business Unit of Western Union is one of the world's leading providers of international business payments and foreign exchange. With access to over 130 currencies, we enable companies of all sizes as they move money across borders via a financial network that spans over 200 countries and territories. We’re disrupting fintech with our groundbreaking digital B2B platform, WU EDGE, which helps companies spend less time handling international payments and worrying about foreign exchange exposure, and more time growing their businesses. And we’re just getting started!
Being on the Western Union team means being tenacious and goal-oriented. It means taking risks and quickly finding the path to success. It means having integrity, and finding ways to make things work. It means thriving as part of a diverse, global team of over 10,000 people who are committed to moving money for better. It means being driven to win, and to do work that makes a difference… on a global stage. Sound like you? Apply now!
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and success. Achieving our common vision depends on people with diverse backgrounds working together on teams. Who knows, your unique point of view could be the key to our next ground-breaking idea. We’d love to explore that possibility!
Western Union is proud to be an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or another protected category.