Western Union Senior Business Development Manager in London, United Kingdom
Job Title: Senior Business Development Manager
Requisition #: 1902190
Are you energised by developing leads into new clients and opening up completely new verticals? Want to work for a company where you can offer B2B clients ground-breaking digital solutions in pretty much any currency you can think of?
We’re seeking a Senior Business Development Manager, based in our London office. In this role, you will approach and liaise with business prospects on behalf of Western Union to attract and maintain new clients. You will influence everyone from the owner of a start-up to the FD or CEO of a large, established corporate. You may initially consult with them on their currency requirements, risk profile and payment solutions and progress toward securing sustainable, profitable trading relationships.
Sound interesting? Here are some specifics:
• Telephone sales. Initial prospecting activities supported by our lead generation team, independently handling leads through the sales process, client set up and early transactions. Meeting specific targets at each stage.
• Work across internal teams to provide tailored solutions for clients, and articulate how our products and services can best solve the challenges they face.
• Maintain understanding of the FX market and broader business/economic landscape to enhance your ability to meet and anticipate client requirements
• Use field sales teams and relevant management to close sales opportunities
What you will need to succeed:
• Strong FX or Financial Services experience
• Demonstrated success in new business telephone sales in a fast-paced environment, consistently achieving targets and deadlines
• Basic understanding of consultative sales principles, and adept at executive corporate level negotiations and building long-term client relationships
• Contribute a positive team environment and fully embrace diversity
• Fluent English, and excellent communication/presentation skills across all media, as well as ability to use technology (e.g. MS Office, web conferencing, search engines, Reuters, reporting tools and sales automation platforms such as Salesforce)
• Financially astute with knowledge of business needs/concerns, as well as the commercial impact of global news and events.
What will make you stand out:
▪CISI Level 4 Investment Advice Diploma
• Highly self-motivated and confident, with high integrity and tenacity to outperform the competition.
• Experience in business to business and solutions sales
• Experience of business development / sales into financial institutions
• Educated to degree level
What’s in it for you?
• Competitive global pay, benefits and mobility
• Unparalleled experience, working for a market leader in FX payment solutions
• The chance to share your ideas and contribute to the development of our products
• Diverse, global team with colleagues in over 50 countries
What it’s like here:
The Payments Business Unit of Western Union is one of the world's leading providers of international business payments and foreign exchange. With access to over 130 currencies, we enable companies of all sizes as they move money across borders via a financial network that spans over 200 countries and territories. We’re disrupting fintech with our groundbreaking digital B2B platform, WU EDGE, which helps companies spend less time handling international payments and worrying about foreign exchange exposure, and more time growing their businesses. And we’re just getting started!
Being on the Western Union team means being tenacious and goal-oriented. It means taking risks and quickly finding the path to success. It means having integrity, and finding ways to make things work. It means thriving as part of a diverse, global team of over 10,000 people who are committed to moving money for better. It means being driven to win, and to do work that makes a difference… on a global stage. Sound like you? Apply now!
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and success. Achieving our common vision depends on people with diverse backgrounds working together on teams. Who knows, your unique point of view could be the key to our next groundbreaking idea. We’d love to explore that possibility!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or another protected category.