Western Union Area Sales Manager in Los Angeles, California
Job Title: Area Sales Manager
Requisition #: 1803526
Western Union is changing. Yes, we’re the company that moves money around the world quickly and reliably in 200 countries and territories. We are also present in over 510,000 agent locations bringing immense distribution and convenience to our consumers. But we are much more than that. We are a leader in billing and payment processing serving many vertical markets. That means aggressively pursuing biller prospects to provide both electronic billing and payment and walk-in payment services. So if you’re looking for a leading company on the move – and truly one of the most diverse work environments on the planet – then Western Union could be for you.
Right now, we are seeking an Area Sales Manager who will focus on high revenue locations.
In this role, you will oversee account management, marketing, sales, and overall network performance including transaction volume, revenue, distribution channel, merchandising, service quality for the company portfolio of services assigned to complex DMAs.
Sound interesting? Here are some specifics:
· Responsible for meeting/exceeding sales quota targets.
· Develop and execution plans to increase revenue and profit through team leadership.
· Manages 5-8 Area Sales Executives and Territory Sales Executives. Hire, train, develop, manage the performance of, and direct Account Executives and Territory Sales Executives.
· Accountable for all channels, brands and products, account management, marketing, sales, and overall network performance. Key deliverables include transaction volume, revenue, distribution, merchandising and service quality for the company portfolio of services in Designated Marketing Areas (DMAs).
· Incumbent will acquire new agents and consumers, maximize same store sales, retain and extend key network and independent agent relationships as well as reduce Agent attrition
· Leads Team to exceed Signing & Activation Goals in key cities / towns / zips.
· Analyzes market data and Company reports to address, reinforce, or correct market performance trends and capitalize on market opportunities.
· Secures and forwards marketplace/competitive reconnaissance.
· Actively participate in local grass-root promotional events and industry related expos, some weekends required.
· Partner with Product to recommend fee/fx/commission adjustments for specific agents and markets.
· Understand, communicate, and reinforce compliance regulations, codes, standards, and requirements.
· Partner with Finance to generate and present business cases for approvals, ensuring greater ROI.
· Manage S&D expense budget to achieve plan.
· Revenue Responsibilities: $25M-$40M+ annually/Agent Count Responsibilities: 1,000-3,000
What you will need to succeed:
· Strong desire to advance sales skills and pursue a sales career. A “go getter”.
· Bachelor's degree is required in Business, Marketing or related area of study
· Demonstrated negotiation skills
· Ability to work independently and in a team environment and effectively work across all functions
· Strong organizational, analytical and planning skills.
· Minimum of 5-7 years previous experience in sales or other relevant fields is required.
· Minimum of 5 years previous team management experience is required.
· Ability to solve practical challenges and apply creative solutions
What will make you stand out:
· Bi-lingual/bi-cultural experience is highly desired
· Keen knowledge of local demographics
· Prior money transfer or financial services experience is preferred
What’s in it for you?
· Competitive global pay and benefits.
· Unparalleled experience as part of one of the most advanced compliance teams in the world, with opportunities to build valuable skills and grow your career.
· Diverse, global team with colleagues in over 50 countries.
What it’s like here:
Western Union (WU) is a company on the move! We believe that when money moves, better things can happen. From small businesses and global corporations, to families near and far, or NGO’s in the most remote communities on Earth, WU helps people and business move money globally. We have a rich legacy of innovation, and are continuing to develop new and more convenient ways for our customers to send and receive money through digital, mobile and retail channels. We have a combined digital and retail network that spans over 200 countries and territories. Some companies specialize in cash-based retail money transfer and others play only in digital. We are leaders in both!
Being on the Western Union team means being tenacious and goal-oriented. It means taking risks and quickly finding the path to success. It means having integrity, and finding ways to make things work. It means thriving as part of a diverse, global team of over 10,000 people who are committed to moving money for better . It means being driven to win, and to do work that makes a difference… on a global stage. Sound like you? Apply now!
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and success. Achieving our common vision depends on people with diverse backgrounds working together. Who knows; your unique point of view could be the key to our next groundbreaking idea. We’d love to explore that possibility!
Western Union is proud to be an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions), national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or other protected category.