Western Union AML & Bank Compliance Manager in Paris, France
Job Title: AML & Bank Compliance Manager
Requisition #: 1901193
The Opportunity: Are you looking to further your career in a Compliance role within a Global Leader organization and a market leader in FX payment solutions?
We’re seeking an AML & Bank Compliance Manager, based in our Paris office. This position manages the AML/CFT & Markets (incl. MiFID) Compliance for the Payments business division at WUIB France Branch for the French and Benelux markets, focusing on international FX payment services for SMEs and corporates including hedging of FX currency risks with complex financial instruments (FX Forwards / Derivatives). The Compliance Manager reports to the Head of Compliance for France.
Sound interesting? Here are some specifics:
• Drives and further develops the AML/CFT & Markets Compliance program in WUIB France including the Benelux markets.
• Includes employee training, management of customer monitoring, setting of policy rules for detailed guidance to ensure a sustainable business growth and support for the introduction of new products. Manages and drives the AML/CFT Compliance program for at WUIB France to ensure it is in line with regulatory obligations and business requirements including Regulatory Reporting, SAR Filing, Training, KYC, Internal organizational requirements and duties regarding outsourced services (i.e. Transactions Monitoring), monitoring of new laws impacting the market in France and the Benelux countries.
• Supports AML/CFT & Markets investigations arising from referrals from automated and manual customer or employee monitoring activities.
• Supports the AML/CFT & Market Compliance Risk Strategy of WUIB including supporting drafting of the local annual Risk Assessments for Payments as well as the outsourcing of Compliance related tasks. Supports the Regulatory Strategy of WUIB by partnering with regulators and financial intelligence units as well as law enforcement agencies.
• Supports the implementation of regulatory change affecting the AML/CFT & Market compliance program.
• Provides AML/CFT and Markets Compliance advisory and support services to WUIB branch employees. Ensures AML/CFT & Markets Compliance policies and procedures reflect local requirements and are aligned with global standards.
• Acts in an advisory role in the Introduction of New Products and Services.
• Supports on site and remote Inspections with external regulatory bodies and Internal Audits.
• Ensures AML/Markets -related regulatory and FIU reporting is completed in an accurate and timely manner.
• Supports the creation of AML/CFT and Markets Compliance Training Materials. Deliver ad hoc training as required.
• Performs local regulatory watch for Financial Regulation for Banks (FATCA, MiFID II, Directive, EMIR, Remuneration, BIS Global FX and others) related to WUBS business in France & BENELUX, including monitoring the local implementation and guidelines by local regulators (circulars etc).
• Provides local Input to Markets Compliance or AML/CFT projects and initiatives.
• Reviews Market Compliance related customer documentation and performs monitoring exercises. Manages the monthly local Compliance Committee in alignment with the Head of Compliance for France and the Branch management.
• Supports the Head of Compliance in France in overseeing and executing WUIB Payments Compliance related tasks and projects.
What you will need to succeed:
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role (Bank compliance, Consultant specialized in regulatory topics, expert in Regulatory Affairs)
• Law or business administration degree / equivalent degree.
• Must be fluent in English and French
• Excellent relationship management skills
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including formal presentation skills
• Ability to read understand and apply complex legal regulations to WUIB’s/WUBS´s business in France and BENELUX
• Expertise in AML/CFT as well as Markets related Compliance subject matters
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Good Negotiation skills
• Excellent understanding of Markets subject matters
• Good knowledge of AML/TF matters regarding International payments and FX activities
What will make you stand out:
• Accuracy and attention to detail in daily routine
• Ability to work in a changing environment with multiple priorities
What’s in it for you?
• Competitive global pay with strong impact on bonus for best performers.
• Unparalleled experience, working for a market leader in FX payment solutions.
• The chance to share your ideas and contribute to the development of our products.
• Diverse, global team with colleagues in over 50 countries.
What it’s like here:
The Payments Business Unit of Western Union is one of the world's leading providers of international business payments and foreign exchange. With access to over 130 currencies, we enable companies of all sizes as they move money across borders via a financial network that spans over 200 countries and territories. We’re disrupting fintech with our groundbreaking digital B2B platform, WU EDGE, which helps companies spend less time handling international payments and worrying about foreign exchange exposure, and more time growing their businesses. And we’re just getting started! Being on the Western Union team means being tenacious and goal-oriented. It means taking risks and quickly finding the path to success. It means having integrity and finding ways to make things work. It means thriving as part of a diverse, global team of over 10,000 people who are committed to moving money for better. It means being driven to win, and to do work that makes a difference… on a global stage.
Sound like you? Apply now!
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and success. Achieving our common vision depends on people with diverse backgrounds working together on teams. Who knows, your unique point of view could be the key to our next groundbreaking idea. We’d love to explore that possibility!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or another protected category.