Western Union Director, Sales/Business Development in Paris, France
Job Title: Director, Sales/Business Development
Requisition #: 1802753
There has never been a better time to consider a career with Western Union.
Thanks to a strong Direct Sales strategy, WUBS (WU Business Solutions) has been successful growing at a fast pace in Europe, targeting SME and Corporate accounts.
Today, WUBS is accelerating its commercial development by creating a network of Indirect channels in Europe and beyond.
We’re seeking a Director / Sales Business Development, based in our Paris office. The incumbent will be responsible for developing and leading the new Indirect Channel strategy for Europe, and achieving revenue and customer targets by establishing solid partnerships with Financial Institutions (FI) and Channel Partners (CP). He will define, drive and deliver the indirect sales strategy in Europe.
Sound interesting? Here are some specifics:
· Personally, manage relationships directly into a limited geographical area in Europe whilst team will manage relationships in other geographies
· Building and managing an FI&CP sales pipeline
· Lead and performance manage Regional accountability of the Function
· Develop and implement a Sales strategy that is consistent with the overall WU Payments Strategy
· Comply with all corporate policies
· “Hunt” for new FI and CP opportunities from identification to closure and create a sustainable relationship with existing and new clients
· Coordinate with global FI&CP Sales Teams to leverage best practice, opportunity management and internal support required to deliver
· Influence regional product prioritization and resource allocation to ensure that the FI and CP strategy remains competitive and relevant to our customers
· Own the onboarding (hunt) and activation (farm) of each relationship ensuring KPIs are met at each stage in order to progress
· Full accountability for achieving aggressive growth objectives for WUBS’ FI&CP channel
· Maintaining an accurate business forecast, and a granular understanding our customer’s requirements, trends, risks and opportunities
· Ensuring compliance through working closely with Western Union International Bank (WUIB)
· Co-operating and collaborating with regional colleagues across multiple countries in a matrix environment
What you will need to succeed:
· Establish WUBS as the preferred partner for FIs and CPs when deciding how to enhance their global payment capability
· Develop and implement a Sales strategy and manage the Sales team to leverage best practice
· Create new accounts of FI and CP customers and establish strong commercial relationship with existing clients
· Must be fluent in English and another European language is an advantage (Spanish or Eastern European)
What will make you stand out:
· Implement and lead strategic initiatives to meet monthly, quarterly and yearly targets
· Minimum of 10 years of experience in the banking sector or payment services strategy and business development at a senior level
What’s in it for you?
Competitive global pay, benefits and mobility
Unparalleled experience, working for a market leader in FX payment solutions
The chance to share your ideas and contribute to the development of our products
Diverse, global team with colleagues in over 50 countries
What it’s like here:
The Payments Business Unit of Western Union is one of the world's leading providers of international business payments and foreign exchange. With access to over 130 currencies, we enable companies of all sizes as they move money across borders via a financial network that spans over 200 countries and territories. We’re disrupting fintech with our groundbreaking digital B2B platform, WU EDGE, which helps companies spend less time handling international payments and worrying about foreign exchange exposure, and more time growing their businesses. And we’re just getting started!
Being on the Western Union team means being tenacious and goal-oriented. It means taking risks and quickly finding the path to success. It means having integrity and finding ways to make things work. It means thriving as part of a diverse, global team of over 10,000 people who are committed to moving money for better. It means being driven to win, and to do work that makes a difference… on a global stage. Sound like you? Apply now!
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and success. Achieving our common vision depends on people with diverse backgrounds working together on teams. Who knows, your unique point of view could be the key to our next groundbreaking idea. We’d love to explore that possibility!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or another protected category.