Western Union Assistant Manager, Product Management in Pune, India
Job Title: Assistant Manager, Product Management
Requisition #: 1802597
Opportunity for Assistant Manager, Product Management - PUNE, INDIA
Western Union is changing. Yes, we’re the company that moves money around the world quickly and reliably in 200 countries and territories. We are also present in over 510,000 locations bringing immense distribution convenience to our consumers. But we’re on the cusp of becoming much more than that. Our vision is to be the preferred financial services provider for the underserved – billions of people and businesses with unmet financial service needs. That means aggressively pursuing digital, mobile, ATM/kiosk and stored value card strategies that meet the needs of today’s global consumers and businesses. So, if you’re looking for a company on the move – and truly one of the most diverse work environments on the planet – then Western Union could be for you.
This position is for Assistant Manager, Product Management, WU global digital platform which includes www.westernunion.com website and Western Union iOS and Android apps.
As an Assistant Product Manager for digital platform your role will be to understand customer needs, translate them into requirements and work with engineering to implement them across the website and mobile app.
You and your team will make sure that Western Union web/app platform is evolving consistently across product areas, and provide leadership to all product groups on how to develop our product suits to deliver the best user experience to our customers.
In this role, you will be working closely with other product groups, marketing, regional business teams, customer support teams to understand customer expectations and design effective solution to exceed them. You will bridge the technical and business worlds as you design services that our users love.
The ideal Assistant Product Manager actively seeks to understand the customer’s perspective, is data-driven, has a bias toward action, and can break down complex problems into steps that drive product development.
• Help to define a product vision and strategy
• Monitoring industry trends to inform product strategy.
• Gather requirements
• Lead a SCRUM team of Engineers, Designers, and Content writer as a Product Owner
• Work cross-functionally with Operations, Content, Marketing, and Sales/BD to bring products to market
• Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products Preferred
• BA/BS in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
• At least 5-7 years of product management or product design experience
• Experience developing web consumer products and technologies
• Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast paced environment
• Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills
What we offer
An interesting multicultural working environment with the ability to collaborate and link across borders with sector and technical experts in all parts of our business supported by cutting edge technology and systems
An attractive base salary is on offer depending on skills and experience, along with a comprehensive benefits package.
Growth and innovation are the story of our past, and they will define our future so if you are looking to be part of an exciting and innovative organization where your hard work can make a difference then please apply for the role – we would love to hear from you!