Western Union Associate Manager, Solution Engineering (Mobile) in Pune, India
Job Title: Associate Manager, Solution Engineering (Mobile)
Requisition #: 1802100
The Opportunity: Associate Manager, Mobile Development for Pune location
Want to do work on a massively global scale with a FINTECH company that is poised to revolutionize the industry? Get to know Western Union as we establish a new, world-class Technology Engineering Center (TEC) in Pune, India to support global strategic initiatives. Be one of the first to join the team and help shape our company’s digital capabilities and revolutionize an industry!
Among digital, person-to-person, international money transfer providers Western Union is the leader in number of customers, transactions and receive countries. We’ve built a powerful, cross-border technology platform for quickly moving money almost anywhere in the world. What sets us apart is a combination of a physical AND rapidly expanding digital network across 200 countries and territories with access to over 130 global currencies, our global compliance expertise and the proprietary technology behind it all.
We continue to invest heavily in using, and developing technology that allows us to move money seamlessly; eliminating barriers based on location, currency, payment method, platform, etc. Some companies specialize in cash-based retail money transfer and others play only in digital. We are a leader in both!
• Be responsible for managing team in code development, testing and delivery of solutions.
• Be responsible for delivering code development and testing as per project timelines and ensure smooth knowledge transfer in partnership with on-shore and offshore stakeholders.
• Must be able to multi-task, handling numerous competing priorities.
• Work with business partners to understand their needs and proactively lead them to solutions.
• Provide solution implementation to team members including: system set-ups, development, system and integration testing, and user training. Providing technical guidance to development team in the implementation of hybrid mobile application solutions Enforce and deliver common framework architecture and high-level design within the team.
• Conduct detailed design, code and test reviews Align execution priorities – project delivery, employee goals, and establish service levels with business and functional owners to drive service quality through quality control.
• Partner with all stakeholders as required to implement employer branding and talent attraction, performance management, employee development, employee engagement and retention programs.
• Ensure the implementation of high-end, business-wide, critical strategy set by senior management.
• Provide direct oversight of development teams, adhering to development standards and SLAs, and escalating risks and issues to the Engineering Delivery Head.
• Invest time on a daily basis on all projects to remove impediments and provide solutions to technical challenges and make escalations as necessary.
• Define and revise (if needed) metric/performance reporting under directions from Engineering Delivery Head to ensure viability of service levels.
• Participate in capacity and program planning exercises.
• Hire, manage and mentor a team of 6-10 engineers.
• Manage key third party strategic partnerships across application teams and resolve issues as needed Maintain effective communication with clients, business and partners as needed.
What we require:
• B.E. / B.Tech. / MCA in Computer Science;
• Engineering or related field is required;
• Minimum of 5-8 years of experience in software engineering and architecture;
• experience in a fast paced corporate environment;
• 3+ years of experience leading and managing software development teams on both iOS/Android platforms;
• 2+ years of experience in developing NATIVE and HYBRID Mobile applications across devices - iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows platforms;
• Experience in developing HYBRID Mobile application using cross platform technologies such as Cordova, Ionic, Sencha touch, Appcelerator;
• Up to date knowledge of Mobile application standards, guidelines, industry trends;
• Working knowledge of Mobile security considerations;
• Strong problem solving skills, ability to triage technical issues and drive resolution with cross functional teams;
• Hands-on experience with Analytics and A/B testing tools;
• Strong analytical and debugging skills required;
• Must be a problem solver with demonstrated experience in solving difficult technology challenges, with a can-do attitude; possess strong leadership skills in guiding and directing teams throughout the SDLC process;
• Understanding of various development methodologies, including: Traditional Waterfall and Iterative Development Methods (Unified Process and Agile);
• Thrives on working under pressure in a fast-paced multi-project environment;
• Prior experience leading onshore and offshore delivery, including working overlapping business hours to partner with onshore teams;
• Self-starter with ability to multi-task, prioritize, manage workload, and consistently deliver results;
• Strong Customer Centric mindset with an ability to outperform Service Level Agreements on Customer satisfaction and experience;
• Extensive experience in release management and agile methodologies preferred.
If you’re ready for a challenge and want to be involved in something that will change an industry and impact millions of people and businesses around the world, then apply today!