Western Union Associate, Solution Engineering (Dot Net) in Pune, India
Job Title: Associate, Solution Engineering (Dot Net)
Requisition #: 1900033
Want to do work on a massively global scale with a FINTECH company that is poised to revolutionize the industry? Get to know Western Union as we establish a new, world-class Technology Engineering Center (TEC) in Pune, India to support global strategic initiatives. Be one of the first to join the team and help shape our company’s digital capabilities and revolutionize an industry!
We’re seeking anAssociate, Solution Engineering based in our Pune, India office . In this role, you will be responsible to develop, implement new software, maintain and improve existing software.
Sound interesting? Hereare some specifics:
• Ensure that software functionality is implemented with a focus on code optimization
• Troubleshoot application issues and coordinate issue resolution with operations, functional, and technical teams
• Recommend improvements to existing software programs
• Work with a software development team and Service providers in a geographically distributed structure
• Provide coaching to Junior Associates
• Works independently on simple to medium complex projects
What you will need tosucceed:
• B.E. / B.Tech. / MCA in Computer Science, Engineering or related field is required
• 5-7 years of software development experience
• Experience in developing and implementing windows & web-based solutions with WCF, WPF
• Knowledge of architecture design concepts, object-oriented design and techniques
• Knowledge of logical and physical database architectures and operating systems
• Experience in Agile and Iterative development methodologies
Technical areas of expertise:
• Experience in Microsoft .Net technologies (VS 2017) with C#.
• Experience in Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) and Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) with knowledge of web services, SOAP UI.
• Experience in entity framework & added advantage if having knowledge of DevExpress controls.
• Experience in database i.e. DB2 & SQL (procedural and declarative) development.
• Good Knowledge of Testing Framework - TypeMock and Nunit
• Good Knowledge of Tools - TFS, JIRA, Visual Studio 2017, SQL Management Studio, Data Studio – DB2, WinSql – DB2, Static Code Analysis tools like SonarQube
• Added advantage if having knowledge about SSRS reporting
What will make youstand out:
Mustbe a problem solver with a can-do attitude
Self-starterwith ability to multi-task, prioritize self-assignments, manage workload,and consistently deliver results
What’s in it for you?
Competitiveglobal pay and benefits
Unparalleledexperience as part of one of the most advanced compliance teams in theworld, with opportunities to build valuable skills and grow your career
Diverse,global team with colleagues in over 50 countries
What it’s like here:
Western Union (WU) is a company on the move! We believe that when money moves, better things can happen. From small businesses and global corporations, to families near and far, or NGO’s in the most remote communities on Earth, WU helps people and business move money globally. We have a rich legacy of innovation and are continuing to develop new and more convenient ways for our customers to send and receive money through digital, mobile and retail channels. We have a combined digital and retail network that spans over 200 countries and territories. Some companies specialize in cash-based retail money transfer and others play only in digital. We are leaders in both!
Being on the Western Union team means being tenacious and goal-oriented. It means taking risks and quickly finding the path to success. It means having integrity and finding ways to make things work. It means thriving as part of a diverse, global team of over 10,000 people who are committed to movingmoney for better . It means being driven to win, and to do work that makes a difference… on a global stage.
Sound like you? Applynow!
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and success. Achieving our common vision depends on people with diverse backgrounds working together. Who knows; your unique point of view could be the key to our next groundbreaking idea. We’d love to explore that possibility!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or another protected category.