Western Union Associate, Technology Project Management in Pune, India
Job Title: Associate, Technology Project Management
Requisition #: 1901847
Does playing a critical role in protecting customers sound exciting to you? How about working for a global fintech company on an advanced team that is passionate about preventing money laundering and other illegal financial transactions?
We’re seeking an Associate, Project Management based in our Pune, India office. In this role, you will be responsible for managing medium to large scale projects that encourages stakeholder involvement, feedback, objective metrics and effective controls. The Scrum Master will facilitate and coordinate the activities and personnel involved in the implementation and completion of these projects in agile delivery environment. Projects must meet identified business needs, acquiring and utilizing the necessary resources and skills, within agreed parameters of cost, timescales, and quality.
Sound interesting? Here are some specifics:
• Develop, track and manage project milestones, project plans, timelines and scope
• Facilitate identification of timelines, dashboards, success metrics, and financial scorecards for each initiative
• Manage project resources including procuring project staff, developing, motivating, coaching and advising
• Lead multiple scrum teams to deliver high-quality software solutions that meet business needs
• Coordinate functional, system and user acceptance testing activities working closely with remote teams
• Guiding the team on how to get the most of out self-organization
• Removing impediments for scrum teams
• Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving
• Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
• Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
• Supporting and working closely with the Product Owners, especially on grooming and maintaining the product backlog
• Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible and leading by example
• Plan, track and deiver monthly product releases following best project management and agile practices
What you will need to succeed:
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
• Agile, PMP and CSM certifications
• Strong knowledge of working Agile and experience leading multiple Scrum Teams
• 5+ years of experience out of which: min 3 years proven project management and Scrum Master experience with exposure to vendor management
• Excellent verbal and written communication and team management skills
• Demonstrated ability to be flexible/ adaptable in exercising judgment in a changing environment and to manage
What will make you stand out:
• Experience working in a multinational organization
• Proven track record of successfully working with International stakeholders and coordinating projects/product releases across boarders
• Experience working in FinTech, Payments industry
What’s in it for you?
• Competitive global pay and benefits
• Unparalleled experience as part of one of the most advanced compliance teams in the world, with opportunities to build valuable skills and grow your career
• Diverse, global team with colleagues in over 50 countries
What it’s like here:
Western Union (WU) is a company on the move! We believe that when money moves, better things can happen. From small businesses and global corporations, to families near and far, or NGO’s in the most remote communities on Earth, WU helps people and business move money globally. We have a rich legacy of innovation and are continuing to develop new and more convenient ways for our customers to send and receive money through digital, mobile and retail channels. We have a combined digital and retail network that spans over 200 countries and territories. Some companies specialize in cash-based retail money transfer and others play only in digital. We are leaders in both!
Being on the Western Union team means being tenacious and goal-oriented. It means taking risks and quickly finding the path to success. It means having integrity and finding ways to make things work. It means thriving as part of a diverse, global team of over 10,000 people who are committed to moving money for better. It means being driven to win, and to do work that makes a difference… on a global stage. Sound like you? Apply now!
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and success. Achieving our common vision depends on people with diverse backgrounds working together. Who knows; your unique point of view could be the key to our next groundbreaking idea. We’d love to explore that possibility!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or another protected category.