Western Union Asst Mgr, Product Management in Pune, India
Job Title: Asst Mgr, Product Management
Requisition #: 1902280
Does playing a critical role in protecting customers sound exciting to you? How about working for a global fintech company on an advanced team that is passionate about preventing money laundering and other illegal financial transactions?
We’re seeking an Assistant Product Manager/Technical Product Owner – based at Western Union’s Pune, India office.
In this role, you will evolve Western Union’s platform consistency across multiple channels. You’ll be the champion of the customer, leading product groups on how to develop WU’s product suite in order to deliver the best user experience imaginable. You’ll be a cross-functional enabler, supporter, and liaison between the technical and business worlds as you design services that users love.
The ideal Product Owner obsessively seeks to understand the customer’s perspective, is data-drive and can break down complex problems into steps that drive product development. If you want to succeed, we recommend experience working in creating scalable API’s in an Agile Scrum environment.
Sound interesting? Here are some specifics:
• Serve as the subject-matter-expert for several APIs, responsible for sharing your knowledge of the end-to-end API lifecycle
• Operate as a part of the extended Product Management Team
• Interact and collaborate with Web Product owners/ Managers, Mobile Product owners/ Managers, Lead Engineering Managers, Technical Development Teams onsite, offshore, Project Management Group, and 3rd Party Vendors.
• Create, prioritize, and execute on the API platform roadmap
• Establish the sequence of backlog items based on priorities, events and dependencies
• Document and communicate program objectives and iteration goals
• Create the platform product training guides and documentation by working closely with the platform product delivery team on regional team’s platform product training
• Own the iteration board, explore stories, enhance acceptance criteria, and accept stories
• Participate is retrospectives and work towards improvements in a scaled agile framework
• Work closely with other product groups, marketing, regional business teams, customer support teams, legal, compliance and engineering teams.
• Work cross-functionally with Operations, Content, Marketing, and Sales/BD to bring products to market while also partnering with sales enablement, pre-sales, clients and vendors
• Build and track performance metrics and make enhancements to existing metrics and reports
• Monitor industry trends to inform product strategy
What you will need to succeed:
• Bachelor’s Degree required (preferably in engineering) technical certifications such as PO are a plus
• 3+ years of experience as a Product Owner solutioning for API’s to build platforms
• Previous Developer experience; and strong empathy for the developer audience
• Passion for APIs and solid understanding of API best practices
• Experience in Agile Scrum methodologies with frequent production release cycles
• Ability to document API specs, sequence diagrams, workflows
• Ability to effectively communicate business requirements
• Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication (written & verbal) skills
• Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast paced environment
• Get things done attitude; Self-motivated, with the ability to “roll-up sleeves” and prioritize
What will make you stand out:
• Prior experience as a software developer with RESTful or Soap APIs
• Worked on platforms and delivery of platforms
• Experience working in a large corporate environment
• Experience in global money movement or financial services
What’s in it for you?
• Competitive global pay and benefits
• Unparalleled experience as part of one of the most advanced compliance teams in the world, with opportunities to build valuable skills and grow your career
• Diverse, global team with colleagues in over 50 countries
What it’s like here:
Western Union (WU) is a company on the move! We believe that when money moves, better things can happen. From small businesses and global corporations, to families near and far, or NGO’s in the most remote communities on Earth, WU helps people and business move money globally. We have a rich legacy of innovation, and are continuing to develop new and more convenient ways for our customers to send and receive money through digital, mobile and retail channels. We have a combined digital and retail network that spans over 200 countries and territories. Some companies specialize in cash-based retail money transfer and others play only in digital. We are leaders in both!
Being on the Western Union team means being tenacious and goal-oriented. It means taking risks and quickly finding the path to success. It means having integrity, and finding ways to make things work. It means thriving as part of a diverse, global team of over 10,000 people who are committed to moving money for better. It means being driven to win, and to do work that makes a difference… on a global stage. Sound like you? Apply now!
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and success. Achieving our common vision depends on people with diverse backgrounds working together. Who knows; your unique point of view could be the key to our next groundbreaking idea. We’d love to explore that possibility!
Western Union is proud to be an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions), national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or other protected category. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org