Western Union Consultant, Technology PMO in Pune, India
Job Title: Consultant, Technology PMO
Requisition #: 1802109
Does playing a critical role in protecting customers sound exciting to you? How about working for a global fintech company on an advanced team that is passionate about preventing money laundering and other illegal financial transactions?
We’re seeking a Consultant, Technology PMO basedin our Pune, India office .In this role, you will be responsible for leading the team of project management professionals, providing leadership, coordination and management of PMO processes and functions
Soundinteresting? Here are some specifics:
· Define portfolio management reporting templates, metrics and processes to manage status, budget, risks, resource needs, constraints, and dependencies
· Evaluate, design, document and manage all internal technology, e.g. System Development Lifecycle (SDLC), standards and processes
· Effectively manage scope, timelines, budget, issues and risks of multiple projects and/or large program
· Provide guidance to team members on management of scope, timelines, budget, issues and risks
· Ensure IT application development process disciplines (solution delivery, project management, work requests, QA, etc.) and standards are established, effectively managed and performed
· Provide information and periodic updates to support overall IT performance metrics, monthly project status reporting and quarterly resource planning review
· Define, prioritize, allocate resources, track and provide status reporting of work assignments, projects, programs
· Align execution priorities – project delivery, employee goals, and establish service levels with business and functional owners to drive service quality through quality control
· Invest time on a daily basis on all projects to remove impediments and provide solutions to challenges and make escalations as necessary
· Maintain effective communication with clients, business and partners as needed
What you willneed to succeed:
· Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science or Electronics or related field is required
· PMP and CSM certifications
· 5-8 years experience in Project, Portfolio or Process Management discipline with focus on leading teams to deliver technology focused projects
· Experience in a financial services/payments /Banking verticals
· Experience managing remote and geographically distributed teams
· Advanced knowledge of an Enterprise PPM Tool (e.g. Project Server, Clarity, Clarizen, Workfront)
· Expert in project and portfolio management reporting and metrics
· Prior experience leading onshore and offshore delivery, including working overlapping business hours to partner with onshore teams
What will make you stand out:
· Advanced knowledge of software development life cycles (waterfall, agile, etc.)
· Strong Customer Centric mindset with an ability to outperform Service Level Agreements on Customer satisfaction and experience
· Must be a problem solver with demonstrated experience in solving difficult technology challenges, with a can do attitude
· Possess strong leadership skills in guiding and directing teams throughout the SDLC process
· Self-starter with ability to multi-task, prioritize, manage workload, and consistently deliver results
What’s in it for you?
· Competitive global pay and benefits
· Unparalleled experience as part of one of the most advanced compliance teams in the world, with opportunities to build valuable skills and grow your career
· Diverse, global team with colleagues in over 50 countries
What it’slike here:
Western Union (WU) is a company on the move! We believe that when money moves, better things can happen. From small businesses and global corporations, to families near and far, or NGO’s in the most remote communities on Earth, WU helps people and business move money globally. We have a rich legacy of innovation and are continuing to develop new and more convenient ways for our customers to send and receive money through digital, mobile and retail channels. We have a combined digital and retail network that spans over 200 countries and territories. Some companies specialize in cash-based retail money transfer and others play only in digital. We are leaders in both!
Being on the Western Union team means being tenacious and goal-oriented. It means taking risks and quickly finding the path to success. It means having integrity and finding ways to make things work. It means thriving as part of a diverse, global team of over 10,000 people who are committed to moving moneyfor better . It means being driven to win, and to do work that makes a difference… on a global stage.
Sound like you? Apply now!
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and success. Achieving our common vision depends on people with diverse backgrounds working together. Who knows; your unique point of view could be the key to our next groundbreaking idea. We’d love to explore that possibility!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or another protected category.