Western Union Senior Content Editor in Pune, India
Job Title: Senior Content Editor
Requisition #: 1804656
Right now, we are seeking a Sr. Digital Content Editor/UI Writer for WU Digital in our Pune office. In this role you will work within the Global Digital Content organization. It is a truly global team, with colleagues in San Francisco, Denver, Lithuania and other cities across the globe.
The content team is critical to delivering the company’s message across our digital properties (web and app), ensuring that our voice is consistent, on-brand and contributes to a superior customer experience.
Sound interesting? Here are some specifics:
• You will write product content for Western Union online and mobile channels by:
Partnering with business owners, product and user experience teams, project management and development to turn requirements into clear, helpful, high-quality product content and UI text
Working with legal, privacy and other teams to ensure compliance and get content approvals
Following our digital style guide and glossary in English
Supporting UAT by checking content in test environments if needed
• Assist with special projects as required
• Work cross-functionally with teams across the organization
What you will need to succeed:
• University degree in English, communications, journalism, or the equivalent
• Outstanding writing, editing, and proofreading skills in English (writing samples will be required)
• 10+ years’ experience writing digital content in a corporate environment for a consumer audience
• Experience creating content that will be translated/localized
• Broad experience in applying voice & tone guidelines and editorial style, and creating short and concise mobile/app content
• Deep understanding of web content best practices and emerging trends
• Excellent personal interaction and negotiation skills; ability to work with people at all organizational levels and from diverse cultures and backgrounds
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, to prioritize workload, and to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with demanding deadlines
• Confidence to present and stand up for your work and ideas—along with the ability to take and use constructive feedback
What will make you stand out:
• Bilingual writing skills and/or able to speak 3 plus languages
• Experience working in a global company
• Previous experience working in financial services
• Experience with content management systems (Adobe CQ5 would be ideal)
What’s in it for you?
• Competitive global pay and benefits
• Unparalleled experience as part of one of the most advanced compliance teams in the world, with opportunities to build valuable skills and grow your career
• Diverse, global team with colleagues in over 50 countries
What it’s like here:
Western Union (WU) is a company on the move! We believe that when money moves, better things can happen. From small businesses and global corporations, to families near and far, or NGO’s in the most remote communities on Earth, WU helps people and business move money globally. We have a rich legacy of innovation, and are continuing to develop new and more convenient ways for our customers to send and receive money through digital, mobile and retail channels. We have a combined digital and retail network that spans over 200 countries and territories. Some companies specialize in cash-based retail money transfer and others play only in digital. We are leaders in both!
Being on the Western Union team means being tenacious and goal-oriented. It means taking risks and quickly finding the path to success. It means having integrity, and finding ways to make things work. It means thriving as part of a diverse, global team of over 10,000 people who are committed to moving money for better. It means being driven to win, and to do work that makes a difference… on a global stage. Sound like you? Apply now!
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and success. Achieving our common vision depends on people with diverse backgrounds working together. Who knows; your unique point of view could be the key to our next groundbreaking idea. We’d love to explore that possibility!
Western Union is proud to be an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer. The company will provide accommodation to applicants, including applicants with disabilities, during the recruitment process, in accordance with applicable laws. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions), national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or another protected category.