Western Union Manager, Implementation on the Global Operations Innovation and Implementation Team in San Francisco, California
Job Title: Manager, Implementation on the Global Operations Innovation and Implementation Team
Requisition #: 1801469
Western Union is changing. Yes, we’re the company that moves money around the world quickly and reliably in 200 countries and territories. We are also present in over 510,000 agent locations bringing immense distribution and convenience to our consumers. But we are much more than that. We are a leader in billing and payment processing serving many vertical markets. That means aggressively pursuing biller prospects to provide both electronic billing and payment and walk-in payment services. So if you’re looking for a leading company on the move – and truly one of the most diverse work environments on the planet – then Western Union could be for you.
Right now,we are seeking a Manager, Implementation on the Global Operations Innovationand Implementation Team based out of San Francisco, CA.
In this role, you will be responsible forleading project teams to ensure the successful deployment of operations-impacting projects. This includes driving prioritization of initiatives, supporting resource allocation, organizing team structure, serving as an escalation point, and aligning cross-functional implementation efforts.
Sound interesting? Here are somespecifics:
· Establish team goals and objectives
· Provide ongoing coaching and deliver performance feedback to direct reports
· Analyze, assign, and prioritize solutions to improve, innovate, and optimize existing operational processes
· Management of resources, identification of skill sets, analyzing ROI of an effort, and aligning to new or existing business strategies
· Work closely with business leaders and regional Operations teams to ensure alignment on projects and delivery timelines and to provide project updates and escalations
· Up to 15% travel
What you will need to succeed:
· Experience in coaching and managing global teams
· Proficient working knowledge of payment products and/or SFDC
· Ability to work in a fast paced environment and manage projects independently from start to finish
· Demonstrated organizational and time management skills, including strong self-management skills
· Analytical capabilities and outside the box thinking
· Detail oriented with demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks within time constraints
· Excellent interpersonal, relationship-building, and written and verbal communication skills
· Customer service oriented with effective follow-up skills
· Valid US passport and ability to periodically travel internationally
What will makeyou stand out:
Bachelor’s degree (preferred major in Business, Computer Science, or Finance)
· 5-7 years progressive experience or equivalent
· Knowledge of Power Point and Excel and other process diagram applications
What’sin it for you?
· Competitive global pay and benefits
· Unparalleled experience as part of one of the most advanced compliance teams in the world, with opportunities to build valuable skills and grow your career.
· Diverse, global team with colleagues in over 50 countries.
What it’s like here:
Western Union (WU) is a company on the move! We believe that when money moves, better things can happen. From small businesses and global corporations, to families near and far, or NGO’s in the most remote communities on Earth, WU helps people and business move money globally. We have a rich legacy of innovation, and are continuing to develop new and more convenient ways for our customers to send and receive money through digital, mobile and retail channels. We have a combined digital and retail network that spans over 200 countries and territories. Some companies specialize in cash-based retail money transfer and others play only in digital. We are leaders in both!
Being on the Western Union team means being tenacious and goal-oriented. It means taking risks and quickly finding the path to success. It means having integrity, and finding ways to make things work. It means thriving as part of a diverse, global team of over 10,000 people who are committed to movingmoney for better . It means being driven to win, and to do work that makes a difference… on a global stage. Soundlike you? Apply now!
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and success. Achieving our common vision depends on people with diverse backgrounds working together. Who knows; your unique point of view could be the key to our next groundbreaking idea. We’d love to explore that possibility!
Western Union isproud to be an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions), national origin, veteran status,sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or other protected category.