Western Union Senior FX Dealer in Vancouver, British Columbia
Job Title: Senior FX Dealer
Requisition #: 1801446
Western Union Business Solutions ('WUBS') is the world's leading foreign exchange and international business payments company. Through its subsidiaries and branches, WUBS operates in the Americas, Asia, Europe, Australia, the Middle East and Africa and the United Kingdom. It offers business-to-business payment and receipt solutions through an intuitive online platform that integrates directly with clients' systems and helps clients manage their currency exposure. The company currently services over 40,000 clients around the world and processes more than $40 billion payments annually to more than 1 million beneficiaries.
We’re seeking a Senior FX Dealer based either of our Vancouver or Toronto, Canada offices. In this role, you will establish, secure, and manage relationships with existing and potential clients. You will provide clients with exchange rates (direct pricing capabilities) in relation to customer history and current requirements, through multiple channels.
Here are some specifics:
· Develop profitable pricing strategies Manage and cultivate client loyalty through proactive phone calls and responding to customer inquiries, and ensuring customer loyalty and retention programs are followed
· Support Business Development team towards closing opportunities to meet sales targets, this includes participating with acquisition tactics and strategies Development of actionable account plans that can be translated into compelling business cases to secure enduring value-driven relationships with our customers
· Monitor expected revenue vs. budget and look for opportunities to increase wallet share
· Proactively identify the reasons and pains for clients leaving WUBS and offer a solution to win the client back
· Manage to and exceed results by using tools to forecast monthly revenue
· Proactively identify growth opportunities, offering a solution and owning until the sale is closed with continual follow up
· Know and Understand our full suite of products, be able to present solutions to customers and answer queries
· Consult with clients on their Foreign Exchange Exposure and align the appropriate solutions including simple hedging and risk solutions
· Promote and cross sell WUBS foreign exchange products and solutions
· Provide excellent customer service at all times
· Meet with established clients, entertainment of major accounts and conduct client / prospective client visits as required
· Build strong relationships with internal departments, know where to go and who to go to in order to find solutions
· Build strong internal relationships with the Business Development team
· Provide knowledge, expertise and appropriate guidance to other team members
· Facilitate cross team knowledge and skill sharing
· Ability to lead on-line payment solution demonstrations
· Complete required administration and reporting and forecasting as required by management
· Monitor account performance and activity
· Act as the team leader on occasion, as required
· Demonstrate understanding of domestic and international payment networks and banking structures
· Demonstrate WU behaviors in all interactions internally and externally
· Comprehend and adhere to compliance obligations, company risk management, Anti-Money Laundering and all company policies
· Ensure adherence to Corporate Policies and Procedures (ie: Credit, Code of Conduct, T&E, KYC, etc.)
· Post-secondary education in Business, Administration, Finance or Sales/Marketing and or an equivalent combination of knowledge, skills, abilities, education, and experience
· Must complete certification as required by FSA (This is not a global requirement)
· Candidates must be able to successfully complete a criminal records and credit check. 2-5 years’ experience working within the Foreign Exchange industry 2-5 years’ experience managing customer relationships
· Marketplace and/or business-to-business segment Ability to ask probing questions to understand needs of customer
· Proven customer service skills with a focus on building customer loyalty & retention
· Demonstrated ability to manage complex client relationships
· Ability to consistently apply follow-up techniques. Sales ability (internal and external) and persuasiveness; with a focus on creating positive first impressions and demonstrating professionalism
· A high degree of self-motivation, with an ability to work effectively in a fast-paced team environment
· Prior use of and familiarity with on-line technology solutions
· Solid computer skills with ability to use MS Office, Excel, Word Strong communication & listening skills
· High degree of professionalism, with a confident, assertive style
· Team oriented, with a demonstrated ability to build and maintain strategic working relationships
· Ability to deal effectively with all types of people, build and maintain supportive relationships with key business contacts
· Provide coaching/mentoring for new hires and less experienced team members
What’s in it for you?
· Competitive global pay, benefits and mobility
· Unparalleled experience, working for a market leader in FX payment solutions
· The chance to share your ideas and contribute to the development of our products
· Diverse, global team with colleagues in over 50 countries
What it’s like here:
The Payments Business Unit of Western Union is one of the world's leading providers of international business payments and foreign exchange. With access to over 130 currencies, we enable companies of all sizes as they move money across borders via a financial network that spans over 200 countries and territories. We’re disrupting fintech with our groundbreaking digital B2B platform, WU EDGE, which helps companies spend less time handling international payments and worrying about foreign exchange exposure, and more time growing their businesses. And we’re just getting started!
Being on the Western Union team means being tenacious and goal-oriented. It means taking risks and quickly finding the path to success. It means having integrity, and finding ways to make things work. It means thriving as part of a diverse, global team of over 10,000 people who are committed to moving money for better . It means being driven to win, and to do work that makes a difference… on a global stage. Sound like you? Apply now!
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and success. Achieving our common vision depends on people with diverse backgrounds working together on teams. Who knows, your unique point of view could be the key to our next groundbreaking idea. We’d love to explore that possibility!
The Company will accommodate applicants with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws, upon request. Please contact us to request accommodation.