Western Union Application Developer in Vienna, Austria
Job Title: Application Developer
Requisition #: 1802785
Do you want to work for a fast-moving FinTech business in Vienna ?
Are you excited by working as part of a truly international team, where you will be speaking English every day at the office (no German skills required).
Western Union is a fast-paced organization. We use cutting edge technologies, and we constantly improve and renew our approach.
Applicants from other countries are welcome – relocation package provided.
We’re seeking an Application Developer , based in our Vienna office.
In this role, you will be responsible for efficient, cost effective and high-quality delivery of IT Infrastructure and Information Security Services to internal and external customers.
Sound interesting? Here are some specifics:
• Responsible for coding, testing and analyzing application software.
• Supports existing business systems applications.
• Consults with business analysts to identify business needs and appropriate technical solutions.
• Responsible for designing and documenting technical requirements for business applications.
• To provide effective first and second line technical IT support services for banking applications used within a country/region(s) with specific focus on the core applications.
• The role requires support of BAU and Projects and exists to protect the impact on business revenue and objectives in the event of a system outage.
• Supports complex project work and testing\UAT as and when required.
• May be required to develop codes as and when required to enhance or resolve issues with business systems.
What you will need to succeed:
• Deep knowledge of technologies and tools to design and deliver complex IT solutions
Experience in Application Development AND Application Support
SQL coding experience
2+ programming languages
Fluent in English (German is desirable, but not necessary)
What will make you stand out:
The ability to work as part of a team that is connected and interactive, where everyone helps each other out. Being comfortable with a mix of development and support related work.
What’s in it for you?
The salary for this role is very much dependent on the level of skills that a candidate brings to the role, with the minimum being at 40,229 EUR.
Unparalleled experience as part of a truly international cutting-edge team, with opportunities to build valuable skills and grow your career.
What it’s like here:
Western Union (WU) is a company on the move! We believe that when money moves, better things can happen. From small businesses and global corporations, to families near and far, or NGO’s in the most remote communities on Earth, WU helps people and business move money globally. We have a rich legacy of innovation, and are continuing to develop new and more convenient ways for our customers to send and receive money through digital, mobile and retail channels. We have a combined digital and retail network that spans over 200 countries and territories. Some companies specialize in cash-based retail money transfer and others play only in digital. We are leaders in both!
Being on the Western Union team means being tenacious and goal-oriented. It means taking risks and quickly finding the path to success. It means having integrity and finding ways to make things work. It means thriving as part of a diverse, global team of over 10,000 people who are committed to moving money for better. It means being driven to win, and to do work that makes a difference… on a global stage. Sound like you? Apply now!
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and success. Achieving our common vision depends on people with diverse backgrounds working together. Who knows; your unique point of view could be the key to our next groundbreaking idea. We’d love to explore that possibility!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or another protected category.