Western Union Desktop and Systems Engineer in Vilnius, Lithuania
Job Title: Desktop and Systems Engineer
Requisition #: 1804900
Does playing a critical role in confirming if a Company’s operation complies with Government regulatory norms and standards sound exciting to you? How about working for a global fintech company on an advanced team that is passionate about its Customers and strives to provide a seamless end user experience?
We’re seeking a Solutions Specialist, based in our Vilnius, Lithuania office. In this role, you will be a part of a team responsible for building and managing systems that support the Western Union end user environment while meeting performance, compliance, and security requirements. The team also provides third-level escalation support, partners with the Operational Excellence team, and is tasked with forward-thinking innovation and continuous improvement.
Sound interesting? Here are some specifics:
• You will consult with Run teams and stakeholders to identify hardware, software or system specifications.
• Build systems based on user and system specifications.
• Assist in designing, developing, testing and implementing technical solutions for end-user infrastructure systems.
• Execute test plans and proofs-of-concept, document result and integrate into final design.
• Provide third-level support for end-user technologies on workstations, mobile devices, servers and peripherals.
• Recommend technology and process enhancements to improve service delivery.
What you will need to succeed:
• Experience working with and supporting one or more of the following: Windows 7/8/10, MacOS, application packaging and deployment, patching, image build and maintenance.
• Experience with one or more of the following tools: Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, JAMFPro, Powershell, WSUS, SCCM or Tanium.
• Curiosity and ability to quickly learn new concepts and technologies.
• Proven customer support experience and understanding of business processes.
What will make you stand out:
• Bachelor's degree in IT field.
• At least 2 years of progressive experience, or equivalent.
• Fluency in English.
• Strong technical background.
• Experience leading a project or initiative.
What’s in it for you?
• Ongoing learning and career development opportunities.
• Ability to be involved in process improvements, initiatives and project work.
• An interesting multicultural working environment.
• Ability to collaborate and link across borders with sector and technical experts in all parts of our business supported by cutting edge technology and systems.
• An attractive base salary is on offer depending on skills and experience, along with a comprehensive benefits package.
• As a member of our team you will be also be involved in our global employee recognition program.
What it’s like here:
Western Union (WU) is a company on the move! We believe that when money moves, better things can happen. From small businesses and global corporations, to families near and far, or NGO’s in the most remote communities on Earth, WU helps people and business move money globally. We have a rich legacy of innovation and are continuing to develop new and more convenient ways for our customers to send and receive money through digital, mobile and retail channels. We have a combined digital and retail network that spans over 200 countries and territories. Some companies specialize in cash-based retail money transfer and others play only in digital. We are leaders in both!
Being on the Western Union team means being tenacious and goal-oriented. It means taking risks and quickly finding the path to success. It means having integrity and finding ways to make things work. It means thriving as part of a diverse, global team of over 10,000 people who are committed to moving money for better. It means being driven to win, and to do work that makes a difference… on a global stage. Sound like you? Apply now!
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and success. Achieving our common vision depends on people with diverse backgrounds working together. Who knows; your unique point of view could be the key to our next groundbreaking idea. We’d love to explore that possibility!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or another protected category.