Western Union Financial Analyst (Global Payments) in Vilnius, Lithuania
Job Title: Financial Analyst (Global Payments)
Requisition #: 1803253
Does playing a critical role in Financial Planning and Analysis sound exciting to you? How about working for a global financial services company on an advanced team that is passionate about being good finance business partners?
We are looking for a highly motivated Financial Analyst based in Vilnius, Lithuania. In this role you will be part of wider Global Payments FP&A organization that is providing financial support to business teams in various countries. The aim of the role is to support Western Union Business Solutions teams by providing financial reporting and analysis such as performance trends, comparisons to budget, expense and headcount analysis and forecasting.
Sound interesting? Here are some specifics:
• Expenses financial budgeting and forecasting process support. Significant focus on people related costs, variable and central business unit expenses
• Supporting business teams with cost perspective of Workforce planning and Position based management processes
• Preparation of financial and business-related analyses and reporting in such areas as expenses and profit performance, headcount reconciliation and tracking, P&L variance explanations
• Coordination and consolidation function as part of central finance team activities – such as weekly estimate and R&O (Risks and Opportunities) processes
• Identifying and implementing process improvement ideas within area of responsibility
What you will need to succeed:
• Strong critical and analytical thinking
• Ability to read and interpret financial information
• Strong Excel skills
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to build relationships and work collaboratively across local and global teams
• Ability to learn new tasks independently and open for new challenges
What will make you stand out:
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, or similar field
• 2 - 3 years of work experience in analytical role
• Fluency in English language
• Experience in multicultural and global environment
What’s in it for you?
• You will attend training sessions in order to be prepared for daily tasks and get knowledge of job specifics
• Ongoing learning and career development opportunities with the ability to be involved in process improvements, initiatives and project work
• You will be part of a fast-growing business, working in an interesting multicultural environment with opportunity to collaborate across borders
• Competitive salary package with comprehensive benefits
What it’s like here:
Western Union (WU) is a company on the move! We believe that when money moves, better things can happen. From small businesses and global corporations, to families near and far, or NGO’s in the most remote communities on Earth, WU helps people and business move money globally. We have a rich legacy of innovation, and are continuing to develop new and more convenient ways for our customers to send and receive money through digital, mobile and retail channels. We have a combined digital and retail network that spans over 200 countries and territories. Some companies specialize in cash-based retail money transfer and others play only in digital. We are leaders in both!
Being on the Western Union team means being tenacious and goal-oriented. It means taking risks and quickly finding the path to success. It means having integrity, and finding ways to make things work. It means thriving as part of a diverse, global team of over 10,000 people who are committed to moving money for better. It means being driven to win, and to do work that makes a difference… on a global stage. Sounds like you? Apply now!
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and success. Achieving our common vision depends on people with diverse backgrounds working together. Who knows; your unique point of view could be the key to our next groundbreaking idea. We’d love to explore that possibility!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or other protected category.