Western Union Manager, Accounting in Vilnius, Lithuania
Job Title: Manager, Accounting
Requisition #: 1803086
Does play a critical role in accounting for digital business segment, alignment with multiple global business partners, managing team of professional accountants, process and procedures implementation, daily and monthly reporting sounds exciting to you?
We’re seeking Manager, Accounting, based in our Vilnius, Lithuania office. In this role you will be leading team of accountants, will be a key role player in accounting projects and will be key person in communication with stakeholders.
Sound interesting? Here are some specifics:
• Manage day-to-day accounting operations, with an emphasis on ensuring the accuracy of the general ledger
• Oversee the general accounting function, which includes inter-company accounting, cash accounts reconciliation, financial reporting;
• Oversee month-end close with an eye toward process improvements, including the review of balance sheet account reconciliations, expense analyses and intercompany eliminations
• Coordinate work relating to both internal and external audits in the periodic review of the company financial records; document internal controls and procedures
• Identify inefficiencies in work flow and implement new/automation processes and procedures to ensure timely, accurate financial reporting
• Ad hoc projects as required
• Provide hands-on guidance to staff on issue resolution
• Reporting and data analysis for Director, Finance, FRG, Accounting and other teams
What you will need to succeed:
• Accuracy and attention to details
• Ability to handle a high volume of information
• Experience in automating manual processes
• Strong work ethic, time management and organizational skills
• Desire and initiative in seeking out new opportunities and the ability to learn and apply know how quickly
• Conflict management and stress resistance
• Self-motivation and ability to motivate others
• 4-5 years of financial accounting experience, settlement accounting would be an advantage
• General computer skills
What will make you stand out:
• Degree in Business, Finance or Accounting field
• Excellent communicational (both verbal and writing) skills
• 4-5 years of financial accounting experience
• Minimum 2 years in a supervisory role
• Fluency in English language
What’s in it for you?
• Competitive global pay and benefits
• Unparalleled experience as part of one of the most advanced accounting teams in the world, with opportunities to build valuable skills and grow your career
• Diverse, global team with colleagues in over 50 countries
What it’s like here:
Western Union (WU) is a company on the move! We believe that when money moves, better things can happen. From small businesses and global corporations, to families near and far, or NGO’s in the most remote communities on Earth, WU helps people and business move money globally. We have a rich legacy of innovation, and are continuing to develop new and more convenient ways for our customers to send and receive money through digital, mobile and retail channels. We have a combined digital and retail network that spans over 200 countries and territories. Some companies specialize in cash-based retail money transfer and others play only in digital. We are leaders in both!
Being on the Western Union team means being tenacious and goal-oriented. It means taking risks and quickly finding the path to success. It means having integrity, and finding ways to make things work. It means thriving as part of a diverse, global team of over 10,000 people who are committed to moving money for better. It means being driven to win, and to do work that makes a difference… on a global stage. Sound like you? Apply now!
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and success. Achieving our common vision depends on people with diverse backgrounds working together. Who knows; your unique point of view could be the key to our next groundbreaking idea. We’d love to explore that possibility!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or other protected category.