Western Union Subpoena Specialist (French) in Vilnius, Lithuania
Job Title: Subpoena Specialist (French)
Requisition #: 1802743
Does being involved in a variety of challenging criminal investigations related to national security threats, terrorism, child exploitation, human trafficking, and murder sound interesting? How about working for an international subpoena team? Here nothing matters but the facts. Without them, the science of criminal investigation is nothing more than a guessing game.
We’re seeking a Subpoena Specialist to work in our Vilnius office. In this role, you will operate within the Litigation department, which is part of the General Counsel Office. Every year, Western Union receives thousands of subpoenas and other compulsory requests (collectively, “subpoenas”) for transaction data and other information. Timely fulfilling subpoenas is one of our many legal obligations and an obligation we have as a good corporate citizen.
Sound interesting? Here are some specifics:
• Receiving, reviewing, and responding to compulsory legal requests (subpoenas) served by law enforcement agencies from France. Searching Western Union Business Solution’s client records for responsive information and timely provide the information to the requester, ensuring that Western Union's subpoena fulfillment policies and procedures are followed.
What you will need to succeed:
• Fluent French and English skills, verbal and written
• Being comfortable with ambiguity and changes,
• General cognitive ability to solve problems, intellectual curiosity, humility, and good communication skills
• Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Being a team player as well as being able to work independently
• High degree of professionalism and discretion when working with confidential and sensitive matters.
What will make you stand out:
• Educational background, diploma, or equivalent expertise or certification
• Being engaged in daily work and ownership of your work product
• Proficiency in Russian, German or Italian language (speaking, reading and typing) would be a strong advantage
• Experience in using Salesforce.com is a plus
• Time management skills and attention to details
• Ability to navigate a computerized data entry system
• Experience in Compliance would be a strong advantage
What’s in it for you?
• As a Subpoena Specialist, you have a unique opportunity to gain and develop professional skills in responding to subpoena, skills for which there is a growing need. You also will get an opportunity to learn and apply the latest skills and see their effect in practice.
• Interesting multicultural working environment with the ability to collaborate and link across borders.
• Competitive salary package, comparable to the best in the industry with comprehensive benefits and global employee recognition program
What it’s like here:
Western Union (WU) is a company on the move! We believe that when money moves, better things can happen. From small businesses and global corporations, to families near and far, or NGO’s in the most remote communities on Earth, WU helps people and business move money globally. We have a rich legacy of innovation, and are continuing to develop new and more convenient ways for our customers to send and receive money through digital, mobile and retail channels. We have a combined digital and retail network that spans over 200 countries and territories. Some companies specialize in cash-based retail money transfer and others play only in digital. We are leaders in both!
Being on the Western Union team means being tenacious and goal-oriented. It means taking risks and quickly finding the path to success. It means having integrity, and finding ways to make things work. It means thriving as part of a diverse, global team of over 10,000 people who are committed to moving money for better. It means being driven to win, and to do work that makes a difference… on a global stage. Sound like you? Apply now!
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and success. Achieving our common vision depends on people with diverse backgrounds working together. Who knows; your unique point of view could be the key to our next groundbreaking idea. We’d love to explore that possibility!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or other protected category.