Western Union Supervisor, Accounts Reconciliation in Vilnius, Lithuania
Job Title: Supervisor, Accounts Reconciliation
Requisition #: 1803224
Does play a critical role in Settlement Accounting, people management, process and procedures improvements and implementations?
We are seeking Accounting Supervisor based in Vilnius, Lithuania office. In this role you lead a dynamic team of accounting professionals, ensuring daily support, coaching and training.
Sound interesting? Here are some specifics:
• Ensure accurate accounting information for assigned entities
• Review and approve monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
• Participate in month-end close process, including posting of journal entries to the general ledger
• Timely and accurately prepare standard and specialized financial reports
• Cooperate with auditors during preparation and review of audit material
• Suggest procedures and processes improvements or product upgrades and implement them
• Establish and maintain relationships with assigned business units
• Ensure compliance with internal controls, company policies, procedures, and regulations
• Provide leadership and direction to the Accounting team, including performance management and staff development
What you will need to succeed:
• Proven experience in accounting, as well as understanding the mechanism of settlement accounting;
• Effective communication, cooperation and conflict management skills with ability to manage workload within a team;
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced, highly-structured, deadline-driven environment.
What will make you stand out:
• Degree in Business / Finance / Accounting field
• At least 4 years of accounting experience
• People management experience would be an advantage
• Fluent English language skills
• Sound communication skills
What’s in it for you?
• Ability to be involved in process improvements, initiatives and project work
• An interesting multicultural working environment
• Ability to collaborate and link across borders with sector and technical experts in all parts of our business supported by cutting edge technology and systems
• An attractive base salary is on offer depending on skills and experience, along with a comprehensive benefits package
• As a member of our team you will be also be involved in our global employee recognition program
What it’s like here:
Western Union (WU) is a company on the move! We believe that when money moves, better things can happen. From small businesses and global corporations, to families near and far, or NGO’s in the most remote communities on Earth, WU helps people and business move money globally. We have a rich legacy of innovation, and are continuing to develop new and more convenient ways for our customers to send and receive money through digital, mobile and retail channels. We have a combined digital and retail network that spans over 200 countries and territories. Some companies specialize in cash-based retail money transfer and others play only in digital. We are leaders in both!
Being on the Western Union team means being tenacious and goal-oriented. It means taking risks and quickly finding the path to success. It means having integrity, and finding ways to make things work. It means thriving as part of a diverse, global team of over 10,000 people who are committed to moving money for better. It means being driven to win, and to do work that makes a difference… on a global stage. Sound like you? Apply now!
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and success. Achieving our common vision depends on people with diverse backgrounds working together. Who knows; your unique point of view could be the key to our next groundbreaking idea. We’d love to explore that possibility!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or other protected category.