Western Union Integration Architect/Manager- Middleware in India
Job Title: Integration Architect/Manager- Middleware
Requisition #: 1802631
The Opportunity: Digital Manager- TIBCO Development
Want to do work on a massively global scale with a FINTECH company that is poised to revolutionize the industry? Get to know WU as we move into our second phase of establishing a new, world-class Technology Engineering Center (TEC) in Pune, India to support global strategic initiatives. Come join our growing team and help shape our company’s digital capabilities and revolutionize an industry!
Among digital, person-to-person, international money transfer providers Western Union is the leader in number of customers, transactions and receive countries. We’ve built a powerful, cross-border technology platform for quickly moving money almost anywhere in the world. What sets us apart is a combination of a physical AND rapidly expanding digital network across 200 countries and territories with access to over 130 global currencies, our global compliance expertise and the proprietary technology behind it all.
We continue to invest heavily in using, and developing technology that allows us to move money seamlessly; eliminating barriers based on location, currency, payment method, platform, etc. Some companies specialize in cash-based retail money transfer and others play only in digital. We are a leader in both!
As a Manager, you will be responsible for implementation of a service delivery model supporting assigned platforms through a predefined frame-work. The broad range of responsibilities include leading engineering and configuration teams, partnering with key stakeholders, both off-shore and on-shore, and delivering on the service level agreements. This includes monitoring on-going risks and providing resolutions, driving process improvements, resource planning & optimization and performance management. The role requires leading, managing and growing the platform assigned to the role.
Be responsible for managing team in codedevelopment, testing anddelivery of solutions involvingcombinations of any or all of the following: TIBCO BusinessEvents, TIBCOActiveSpace, TIBCO EMS, TIBCO BusinessWorks, File and Database Adapters,TIBCO Hawk and other TIBCO products.
Be responsible for delivering code development andtesting as per project timelines and ensure smooth knowledge transfer inpartnership with on-shore and offshore stakeholders.
Must be able tomulti-task, handling numerous competing priorities.
Work with businesspartners to understand their needs and proactively lead them to solutions.
Provide solutionimplementation to team members including: system set-ups, development,system and integration testing, and user training.
Providing technicalguidance to development team in the implementation and integration of Javabased or TIBCO driven integration solutions
Enforce and delivercommon framework architecture and high-level design within the team.
Conduct detailed design,code and test reviews
Align executionpriorities – project delivery, employee goals, and establish servicelevels with business and functional owners to drive service qualitythrough quality control
Partner with allstakeholders as required to implement employer branding and talentattraction, performance management, employee development, employeeengagement and retention programs
Ensure theimplementation of high-end, business-wide, critical strategy set by seniormanagement
Provide directoversight of development teams, adhering to development standards andSLAs, and escalating risks and issues to the Engineering Delivery Head
Invest time on adaily basis on all projects to remove impediments and provide solutions totechnical challenges and make escalations as necessary
Define and revise (ifneeded) metric/performance reporting under directions from EngineeringDelivery Head to ensure viability of service levels
Participate incapacity and program planning exercises
Hire, manage andmentor 2-4 development leads who will manage a team of 6-10 engineers
Manage key thirdparty strategic partnerships across application teams and resolve issuesas needed
Maintain effectivecommunication with clients, business and partners as needed
What we require:
· B.E. / B.Tech. / MCA in Computer Science, Engineering or related field is required
· 12years of experience in software engineering and architecture experience in a fast paced corporate environment; 7+ years TIBCO BW and 5+ years of TIBCO BusinessEvents development experience.
· 8years of IT leadership and management experience
· Experience in a financial services/payments /Banking verticals
· Experience in TIBCO major software such as TIBCO Administrator, EMS, BusinessWorks, BusinessEvents, ActiveSpace, Hawk and various TIBCO Adapters.
· Strong analytical and debugging skills required.
· Strong Linux/Unix skills required.
· Must be a problem solver with demonstrated experience in solving difficult technology challenges, with a can-do attitude; possess strong leadership skills in guiding and directing teams throughout the SDLC process.
· Understanding of various development methodologies, including: Traditional Waterfall and Iterative Development Methods (Unified Process and Agile) Thrives on working under pressure in a fast-paced multi-project environment.
· Prior experience leading onshore and offshore delivery, including working overlapping business hours to partner with onshore teams.
· Understanding of logical and physical database architectures and operating systems.
- Self-starter with ability to multi-task, prioritize, manage workload,and consistently deliver results.
· Strong Customer Centric mindset with an ability to outperform Service Level Agreements on Customer satisfaction and experience.
· Extensive experience in release management and agile methodologies preferred.
If you’re ready for a challenge and want to be involved in something that will change an industry and impact millions of people and businesses around the world, then apply today!